URBAN PATHWAYS K-5 COLLEGE CHARTER SCHOOL
TITLE: Director of External Partnerships & Federal Programs
- Master’s Degree
- A minimum of 5 years experience interacting with high level executives along with high
level projects preferred.
- Knowledge of how a charter school works and how community relationships and
partnerships are developed and nurtured.
- Prior experience in marketing, planning events and building relationships with diverse
members of the community.
- Prior experience with grant writing and management thereof.
- Prior experience in education within an urban setting preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students, parents, and staff from diverse backgrounds
- Must have viable transportation.
REPORTS TO: CEO
JOB GOAL: The primary responsibility is to work as part of the Administration Team focused
on the mission and goals of the school by serving as a liaison to the CEO for staff members. To
venture into the community to develop and maintain critical partnerships on the school’s behalf.
To manage and maintain all grants, federal and otherwise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as the CEO’s designee, in the absence of the CEO.
- Serves as the executive assistant to the CEO and acts as chief of staff.
- Oversees school wide special projects as requested by the CEO.
- Advises the CEO on a variety of partnership, federal programs, staff, parents and
community topics/concerns for the purpose of ensuring he/she is current on relevant
- Manages various budgets aligned with the role of Director of External Partnerships &
- Serves as the board secretary to the UPCS K-5 Board of Trustees. Attends all board
meetings and takes minutes.
- Serves as a liaison to the Board of Trustees for staff members, parents and members of
- Serves on various Board of Trustees committees.
- Oversees the UPCS K-5 grant writing process. Develops and manages programs for grants which are funded. Provides reporting about grant opportunities and funding received. Serves at the Federal Programs Coordinator for UPCSK-5.
- Oversees the majority of UPCS K-5 events involving community resources and represents the school at various external engagements.
- Oversee the Enrollment process. Markets the UPCS K-5 program to the community by attending events, public speaking, distributing materials, revising the annual application, advertising the school, conducting school tours.
- Oversees the PAC and serves as one of the PAC advisors to the group.
- Administers a wide variety of personnel policies and programs for the purpose of conforming to school policies, relevant laws, and agreements.
- Collaborates with other school administrative personnel for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services and programs.
- Prepares a wide variety of written materials (reports, memos, letters, policies, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Researches a wide variety of information for the purpose of documenting activities providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, and seminars for the purpose of conveying information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Sitting for extended period of time
- Walking and standing for prolonged periods
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling 25 pounds
- Ability to kneel, crouch, bend and reach to retrieve and handle materials, supplies and equipment
- Moving fingers and hands in a repetitive manner
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly when communicating
- Hearing clearly
- Adequate vision to perform duties
Other Skills and Abilities: The information contained in this job description is for compliance
with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties
performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding
this position and additional duties may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work year, workdays, salary, and benefits are established in accordance with the provisions of
the Employee Handbook and Benefit Program.
Performance of the job will be evaluated at least annually.
In signing this Job Description, I am only acknowledging that I have received a copy. I further
understand that a signed copy will be placed in my personnel file.
Employee Signature_____________________________ Date:_________________