URBAN PATHWAYS K-5 COLLEGE CHARTER SCHOOL JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Dean of Students
- A valid Pennsylvania Administrative Certificate
- Proven background in behavior management
- A valid Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate with three years of successful teaching experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with students, parents, and staff from diverse backgrounds
REPORTS TO: Principal and CEO
JOB GOAL: Responsible for the overall management of the School Wide Positive Behavioral Intervention Support System. Strong background in MTSS, behavior management, and restorative techniques. Promotes a positive school climate and supports instructional staff, parents, and students through consultation and direct services related to student social/emotional/behavioral needs. Responsible for coaching, modelling, and training new and existing staff. Ability to creatively increase parental involvement and engagement. General understanding of Special Education, Student Information Systems, and instructional practices. Assists in the day to day building administration and the safety and welfare of students and staff. Works closely with 3rd party vendors, building management, and transportation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a resource for building staff, administrators, and parents in working with students, creating a positive school climate, and helping students develop a positive self- concept.
- Skilled in human relations, which demonstrates sensitivity to the needs and concerns of others.
- Participates or leads development of positive behavior support systems and development of intervention strategies.
- Works successfully and positively with all students to provide them with assistance in meeting their educational needs.
- Coordinates, facilitates and implements disciplinary intervention steps, including PBIS, and processes with staff, working closely with Administration.
- Oversees the reflection room where students are encouraged to reflect on their behavior
- Promotes restorative practices which is a framework for building community and for responding to challenging behavior through authentic dialogue.
- Motivates students in a positive direction which will help students to increase individual, decision making responsibilities.
- Attends and participates in various leadership team meetings and other building meetings as assigned.
- Develops and recommends any modification to improve school performance, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Possesses the ability to interpret data accurately.
- Facilitates in-service training/professional development training for staff.
- Oversees school-wide Safety/Emergency preparedness team meetings and implementation efforts.
- Liaison for food service, building management and transportation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for extended period of time
- Walking and standing for prolonged periods
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling 25 pounds
- Ability to kneel, crouch, bend and reach to retrieve and handle materials, supplies and equipment
- Moving fingers and hands in a repetitive manner
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly when communicating
- Hearing clearly
- Adequate vision to perform duties
Other Skills and Abilities: The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work year, workdays, salary, and benefits are established in accordance with the provisions of the Employee Handbook and Benefit Program.
Performance of the job will be evaluated at least annually.
In signing this Job Description, I am only acknowledging that I have received a copy. I further understand that a signed copy will be placed in my personnel file.
Employee Signature____________________________________ Date______________