URBAN PATHWAYS K-5 COLLEGE CHARTER SCHOOL JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Student Support Services Specialist
1. A valid Pennsylvania Administrative Certificate with three years of successful principal
2. A valid Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate with three years of successful teaching
3. Demonstrated ability to work with students, parents, and staff from diverse backgrounds
REPORTS TO: Principal and CEO
JOB GOAL: Is to connect the supports needed to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of all students. They will lead and a strong support of all activities within the building, operating as a liaison for the school, as well as community partners. You are responsible for the coordination of services, operations, and compliance across a number, of functional areas, including but not limited to student enrollment, student code of conduct, homeless services, truancy, and out of school programing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the operation of programs and services for students within the school
- Identifies and implements strategies for increasing student use of services and involvement in programs.
- Works with the CEO in managing the budget for extracurricular activities, student services, and events.
- Coordinates and assists with the coordination of times, locations, and logistics for student activities, meetings, and events at the school and off, of school property.
- Serves as a resource performing project assignments in support of multiple student support services areas.
- Responsible for the maintenance of records. Establishes and maintains a tracking system, database, records, and other documents/resources for multiple student services areas.
- Accesses, maintains, updates, and interprets student records and data
- Updates and/or proposes content enhancements/revisions to assigned student services websites, handouts, brochures, catalogues, handbooks, and documents, as directed.
- Prepares and updates a wide variety of materials such as correspondence, reports, forms, applications, student management system “Skyward”, flyers, brochures, and other documents.
- Plans, prepares, and delivers presentations, informational sessions/workshops to assist students in achieving their educational goals.
- Maintains regular contact with students to assist with problem solving.
- Serves as a liaison among staff, representatives of the community agencies, and secondary education. Assists in obtaining answers to questions, clarifies information, responds to requests, and resolves problems.
- Develops and recommends any modification to improve school performance, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Serves as a liaison between the school and the AIU as it relates to resources, services and programs for students and families.
- Assists fellow Administrators and staff members with student behaviors, restorative practices, and the reflection room.
- Provides a variety of analyses utilizing multiple resources including knowledge of school code, board polices, and school processes and procedures.
- Assists with the preparation and updates of policy and procedure documents and manuals.
- Assists the building secretary with attendance, specifically truant students
- Assists with the daily operation of the building.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for extended period of time
- Walking and standing for prolonged periods
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling 25 pounds
- Ability to kneel, crouch, bend and reach to retrieve and handle materials, supplies and equipment
- Moving fingers and hands in a repetitive manner
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly when communicating
- Hearing clearly
- Adequate vision to perform duties
Other Skills and Abilities: The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work year, workdays, salary, and benefits are established in accordance with the provisions of the Employee Handbook and Benefit Program.
Performance of the job will be evaluated at least annually.
In signing this Job Description, I am only acknowledging that I have received a copy. I further understand that a signed copy will be placed in my personnel file.
Employee Signature____________________________________ Date______________